It's World Bee Day!
Manchester – the home of the worker bees.
At Detail2 we are buzzing about world bee day. Our little bee friends need some support and this is a great opportunity to let you know how you can help these amazing creatures thrive!
As you’re probably aware, the bee population is in decline and one of the major contributing factors to this is habitat loss. Growing cities, new roads and intensive agriculture all contribute to the problem.
We need to work together to save the bees that have become such a prominent symbol of our fantastic city. This is where you come in...
What can you do?
There are so many things you can do to help, no matter how small, every little helps!
- Plant bee friendly flowers in your garden
- If you come across a tired bee in your garden, feed it some sugar water
- Throw seed bombs into space around your towns (wasteland)
- Create a bee bath http://www.eco-u.org/how-to-make-a-bee-bath/
- Build a bee home
- Buy locally made honey and bee wax products
- Adopt a bee / sponsor a hive
To learn more, take a look at this link: https://friendsoftheearth.uk/bees
Detail2 will be adopting some lovely bees this week and we have already planted some beeeeeautiful flowers around the Altrincham area (via seedbombs and other methods)
It is estimated that 1/3 of our food intake a day relies on pollination, mainly by bees. So get involved and help save our bees!
P.S: Why did the bees go on strike?? ….. Because they wanted more honey and shorter working flowers.