Packaging Manager - FMCG - Greater Manchester - Up to £55,000
About the Company
Our client is on the lookout for an experienced Packaging Manager who has experience within the FMCG industry.
They are a fantastic manufacturing business with an incredible reputation within the industry!
If you want to be part of a business that is expanding and doing all the right things, then this could be the role for you!
Packaging Manager – The Rewards
Packaging Manager – Requirements
- Salary up to £55,000
- Performance-based incentives
- Great training and development opportunities
- 10% pension contribution
Packaging Manager – Responsibilities
- Previous FMCG experience (food/drink preferred)
- Possessing a logical and structured way of thinking/working.
- Full driving license
- Good administration skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Must have the ability to maintain a high level of discipline.
- IT skills to support and enhance performance.
- Proven track record of team working and continuous improvement objectives.
- Ability to make reasoned decisions and strength of character to stand by them.
- Ability to be autonomous and self-motivated.
- Provide packaging and supplier approval technical expertise and support to the business.
- Ensure that all packaging and suppliers used by the company are in accordance with its requirements and provide the functionality to meet the demands of the business.
- Manage the Packaging Technologist
- Perform audits of packaging suppliers manufacturing facilities and quality systems
- Ensure that any non-conforming packaging is communicated to suppliers and that CAPAs are completed.
- Create packaging supplier quality agreements / KPIs.
- Schedule and chair quality review meetings with suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement in packaging.
- Represent the packaging function in the NPD meetings.
- Manage the control non-conforming packaging products.
- To manage the packaging trial process.
- To advise business on improvements/developments in packaging.
- To advise business on legislative and regulatory requirements pertaining to packaging of the finished product.
- To assist sales and marketing in identifying specific customers needs and develop packaging solutions to support these.
- To identify cost reduction opportunities whilst maintaining effective packaging solutions
- Attend first production/print runs at the packaging manufacturer.
- To liaise with Finance to charge and recover costs from suppliers for non-conforming packaging.
- Ensure all supplier approvals and reviews are up to date for all suppliers.
- Complete risk assessments to determine the required approval/ ongoing review process that suppliers should be subject to.
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, you may not receive a response if unsuccessful. For information on how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information, please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy-policy