HSE Manager – Manufacturing & Engineering – Pontefract – Up to £55,000
About the Company & Role
We are working with an established, fast-paced manufacturing business who are currently looking to recruit an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Manager for their site in the Pontefract area.
As HSE Manager you will support the management team to implement necessary HSE activities and actions to drive a safety-based culture across the site.
HSE Manager – The Rewards
HSE Manager – Requirements
- Salary £45,000 to £55,000
- Benefits Packaging including – Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection & Discount Schemes
HSE Manager – Responsibilities
- Previous HSE Management experience ideally gained within fast-paced manufacturing environments
- Experience of working with all levels of Stakeholders, with the ability to coach, advise and drive a safety improvement culture
- NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent would be highly desirable
- Ability to identify HSE risk and provide recommendations and implement solutions to mitigate these
- A clear understanding of the latest safety & compliance legislation obligations
- Experience in working within a diverse team
- Strong audit skills
- Strong safety related experience in managing projects
- Quality assurance experience, both creating and helping keep accreditations (ISO14001 / ISO50001 / ISO 45001)
- Drive a safety improvement culture, ensuring all employees are engaged and participative in this process.
- Build relationships at all levels of the organisation, coach and advise all employees on the behaviours and actions necessary for a strong safety culture within the organisation.
- Support the site leadership team in developing the annual HSE Plan and ensure objectives and targets are monitored monthly.
- Deliver technical HSE training, informing all levels or the organisation of their HSER roles and responsibilities, and developing the competency of the organisation to deliver.
- Support and coach all levels of the organisation in delivering the HSE objectives and targets.
- Monitor and report HSE key performance indicators.
- Act as the Management Representative for the HSE management systems, providing the site leadership team with an overview of the health of the system and key actions needed for improvement and compliance.
- Manage the internal and external audit schedule for the sites management systems, involving competent members or the organisation in the process.
- Lead the completion and maintenance of technical risk assessments such as PUWER and COSHH.
- Act as the point of contact for HSE communications with external organisations such as regulators and insurers.
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, you may not receive a response if unsuccessful. For information on how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information, please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy-policy