Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical Biased) - Manufacturing & Engineering- Middleton - Up to £40,000
About the company
Our client a leading industrial manufacturer in their field are looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join their team in the Greater Manchester area.
Multi Skilled Engineer - The Rewards
Multi Skilled Engineer - Requirements
- Double Days
- £36,000 - £40,000
Multi Skilled Engineer - Responsibilities
- Minimum 5years experience in a manufacturing environment. Applicants from FMGC, Paper and Textile would be highly desirable.
- Understand preventative maintenance techniques and an ability to scrutinise diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer's specifications, production equipment and ancillary plant equipment, such as boilers, cooling towers, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, using tools appropriate for the job.
- Should be able to examine electrical components to detect failure causes using test equipment and other measuring instruments. AC invertor controls and AC/DC drives would be advantageous.
- Understand the rules of electrical and mechanical isolation of equipment so that it is safe to work on. Understand principles of cleanliness on completion of engineering work and to maintain the cleanliness of plant, equipment, plant rooms, switch rooms, engineering workshops and personal work bench.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with solutions to get production running as soon as possible.
- Flexible to cover emergency situations outside normal factory hours, including holiday and sickness cover.
- Fault finding and repair of on-line breakdowns and off-line equipment.
- To repair plant / machinery faults in a timely manner and have the initiative to request assistance if the fault cannot be rectified within a reasonable time period.
- Carry out daily inspections on guarding, air, steam and water leaks and complete repairs as necessary.
- Complete weekly environmental inspections and testing.
- Adhere to and work the call-out and on-call system as required.
- Planned maintenance is carried out in accordance with the schedule on the following: Conveyors, Mixing, Milling, Calendars, Press Machinery, Laundry Machinery, Steam Systems, Fluid Systems, Pneumatics and Hydraulics.
- Implement modifications and improvements to all levels to improve efficiency.
- To install new equipment and to relocate existing equipment throughout the site, including the installation of power supplies.
- General fitting duties e.g. checking and installing bearings, replacing belts, couplings, diaphragms etc.
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, you may not receive a response if unsuccessful. For information on how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information, please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy-policy