Project Engineer - Manufacturing & Engineering - Wakefield - Up to £37,000
About the company
Due to continued buoyancy in our order book, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our market leading company as a Project Engineer in our Contract Management team. This role would suit a driven and organised individual, with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for learning. A keen interest in engineering with complimentary qualifications or experience which demonstrates an ability to understand technical aspects are must haves.
Project Engineer - The Rewards
Project Engineer - Requirements
- Hours/ Type: Full-time, Permanent, 37 Hours P/W Mon-Fri
- Enhanced pension - 5% employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + statutory public holidays
- Cash Health Care Scheme for you & any children
- Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary
- Monthly Reward & Recognition Programmes linked to H&S & peer-peer recognition
- LOS awards including a 4-week paid sabbatical
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to internal Wellbeing Coaches (qualified mental health first aiders)
- Company Profit Sharing Bonus
- Your own Personal Development Plan with company commitment to continuous learning and development
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Family Leave Entitlements
Project Engineer - Responsibilities
- Excellent organisation skills, organising self, others, and resources to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enabling strong internal and external relationships.
- The ability to monitor and control budgets.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, with a can-do attitude.
- Technical knowledge related to projects may also be required, and an engineering interest is a must have.
- An engineering background and/ or qualification e.g., HND/ HNC or degree in Mechanical Engineering is advantageous but not essential.
- An ability to read and understand technical drawings is advantageous, but a willingness to learn is the only requirement.
- Good knowledge and demonstrable experience of using Microsoft projects.
- ASME/EN12952 PED Code understanding is advantageous.
- Support project initiation- check feasibility, work out the budget and define stakeholders and time limitations.
- Read, understand, and communicate the client specifications.
- Support project planning - this will include setting goals and objectives, defining roles and producing schedules and timelines for tasks - in accordance with the needs of your client.
- Create visual project plans.
- Provide administrative support to the Project Managers.
- Liaise with clients and build relationships.
- Manage multiple projects at any one-time end to end which includes coordinating the project and keeping the project on budget, with oversight from a Project Manager.
- Work collaboratively with internal functions to ensure success.
- Carry out monitoring and control activities in order to track the progress of the project.
- Be diligent in checking the quality and accuracy of support documentation provided by other departments.
- Identify, communicate, and escalate risks to ensure delivery is on time.
- Report regularly to management and the client.
- Evaluate successes and challenges on projects closing to enhance learning for your next project.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, internally, and externally, adapting communication skills as required.
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, you may not receive a response if unsuccessful. For information on how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information, please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy-policy