Engineering Team Leader - FMCG (Food & Drinks) - Greater Manchester - Up to £47,343
About the Company
Our client a market leading FMCG manufacturing business is looking for an Engineering Team Leader to join their team in Greater Manchester. This role offers fantastic shifts as well as a generous package.
Engineering Team Leader - The Rewards
Engineering Team Leader - Requirements
- Salary - £47,343
- Day Shifts
- Unique company benefits
Engineering Team Leader - Responsibilities
- A fully qualified and experienced Engineer (preferably multiskilled) with at least 5 years of experience
- Trained to 17th Edition Electrical Regulations (desirable).
- Familiar with FMCG environment.
- Experienced in leading a team
- An excellent communicator with the ability to coach and support others.
- Drive the improvement of PPM detail/format using Reliability Centred Maintenance techniques (RCM)
- Responsible for the planning of Engineering work schedules against time for weekends and shutdown periods.
- Manage contractors work schedules performance and they adhere to agreed practices to ensure health and safety and technical integrity are maintained.
- Understand and focus on continuous improvements.
- Support the Shift Technicians to adopt a proactive approach to maintenance, motivating, coaching and providing technical support as appropriate.
- Ensure parts are ready for planned works.
- Take an active role in the daily production & engineering meetings.
- Implement and maintain 5S into stores.
- Ensure all calibration records are up to date.
- To provide technical support to ensure successful maintenance of all equipment at the Packaging Centre as required to acceptable standards as determined by the Company.
- To keep maintenance and quality records as required, using paper and computerised systems as specified by the Company.
- To maintain the immediate work area, workshops, and engineering service areas to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness and ensure that all engineering equipment is removed from production areas as soon as a job is completed.
- Promote high standards of workmanship.
- To work as part of the Engineering Team with respect to Engineering maintenance, repair, and continuous Improvement.
- Work within the engineering team to develop & improve plant asset reliability and efficiency.
- Exercise control over the standard of repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure spare parts used are highlighted, so stocks can be replenished.
- Proactively work to avoid unnecessary downtime, including repairs/changes prior to breakdowns.
- Participate in planned maintenance schedules.
- Make an active contribution to any meeting, whether it be a daily reporting meeting relating to the previous day’s activities, or one to do with upcoming changes.
- Have an appreciation of Quality issues when dealing with the processing and packaging of products.
- Properly record all parts used for maintenance and repair, booking out against line/equipment.
- To ensure that all tasks are carried out in a safe working manner in accordance with company Health & Safety Policy and safe working practices.
- Review of Risk Assessments in line with agreed timescales.
- Compliance to all risk assessments (COSHH, PUWER, EAWR, LOLER and BS7671 Regulations) and that all other engineering regulations are adhered to.
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, you may not receive a response if unsuccessful. For information on how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information, please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy-policy