General Manager - Gastro Pub and Restaurant - About the Company
General Manager required for this award winning, fresh food Gastro Pub operation. This role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to work for a company that really does value their employees and is committed to career development. This is all about delivering quality and volume, making this an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Our client is one of the UKs leading operators of banded bars and restaurants and are about to embark on an unprecedented period of expansion. We therefore have an exciting opportunity to join one of the companys leading modern pub dining concepts. This brand offers contemporary surroundings and prides itself on offering their guests great quality drinks and gastro style food at an accessible price point. It is a highly regarded brand throughout the sector and is synonymous with quality and service.
General Manager - Gastro Pub and Restaurant - The Rewards
- Basic salary up to £42,000
- Management Bonus
- Career progression and development
- Performance based incentives
- Holiday allowance
- Excellent company benefits
General Manager - Gastro Pub and Restaurant - Requirements
The role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to be at the forefront of leading this evolving brand forward in its continuing development. Previous restaurant management experience is essential, preferably as a general manager of a similar fresh food concept
- A mature approach to business
- People management skills - with the ability to "inspire the team"
- Financial awareness
- Merchandising and presentation skills
- Forward thinking - ability to "think outside of the box"
- Ambition to continually drive the business forward
General Manager - Gastro Pub and Restaurant - Responsibilities
As the General Manager, your role involves the day-to-day running and development of the companys site. You will be expected to draw in a widespread customer base, creating a friendly and inviting atmosphere that appeals to all customers. You will also need to demonstrate "entrepreneurial flair" ensuring the continued growth of the business.
You will be directly responsible for:
- Driving sales and business performance
- Staff management and development
- Dominating the local market
- Being proactive rather than reactive to guest needs, dealing with guest comments as an opportunity not a process - acting as a host to the business
- Achieving targets set by the Area Manager, ensuring that maximum profitability is achieved
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Merchandising the bar and the front of house area
- Ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met and adhered to